About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The aims of this journal is to provide a venue for academicians, and researchers for publishing the original research articles or review articles. The scope of the articles published in this journal deal with a broad range of topics, including:
- Theoretical and Computational Physics
- Material Physics : Material Fabrication, Characteristics of Material and Functional Properties of Materials.
- Instrumentation and Biophysics : Instrumentation and measurement techniques, Data acquisition systems and real time measurements. Computational intelligence techniques in instrumentation, Instrumentation and methodologies for medical and healthcare system, Sensor technologies, Signal processing techniques.
- Geophysics : Geodynamics, Seismology, Volcanology, G & G Methods, Near Surface, Geophysics, Energy Resources Management.
- Optics : optical and photonic materials, quantum optics, adaptive optics, optometry, lasers, spectroscopy, nonlinear optics, ultrafast optics, imaging and Image processing, metamaterials and structured photonic materials, fiber optics technology. biomedical optics, optical sensors, vision and color, and opto-mechatronics.
Peer Review Process
The research article submitted to Indonesian Physical Review Journal will be peer-reviewed by reviewers. The accepted research articles will be available online following the journal peer-reviewing process. Language used in this journal is English or Indonesia.
Peer review is designed to assess the validity, quality and often the originality of articles for publication. Its ultimate purpose is to maintain the integrity of science by filtering out invalid or poor quality articles.
From a publishers perspective, peer review functions as a filter for content, directing better quality articles to better quality journals and so creating journal brands.
Running articles through the process of peer review adds value to them. For this reason publishers need to make sure that peer review is robust.
"Pointing out the specifics about flaws in the papers structure is paramount. Are methods valid, is data clearly presented, and are conclusions supported by data? (Editor feedback)
If an editor can read your comments and understand clearly the basis for your recommendation, then you have written a helpful review. (Editor feedback)
Peer Review at Its Best
What peer review does best is improve the quality of published papers by motivating authors to submit good quality work and helping to improve that work through the peer review process.
In fact, 90% of researchers feel that peer review improves the quality of their published paper (University of Tennessee and CIBER Research Ltd, 2013).
Indonesian Physical Review (IPR) is a journal published by Departement of Physics, Universitas Mataram three times a year in Januari, May and September.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.